What's new

Owning Both Covers?

I'm curious if I'm the only one who's broken down and bought both covers? Initially back in June when I bought my SP, I bought the Type cover to go with it. For some reason the Touch called to me. I really like the fact that it doesn't have felt on the bottom and is pretty much spill proof. Anyone else make the same choice to buy both?

Omni

I did the opposite of you. I use the type cover much more now though. I enter a lot of numbers and the type cover I find is much better for that. Others my disagree but I do still use the touch cover and still like it.

Lolvo

Mine came with the Type Cover on it, and I bought a used Touch about a week later, having thought I would enjoy and use it more. I didn't like how the keys of the Type Cover made impressions on the screen, and felt that it could damage the device. After getting the Touch, I used it more often; however, now I have found myself using the Type Cover (marks aren't a problem, the Manvex case keeps it from happening) while my Touch Cover sits in a drawer waiting to be sold.

kristalsoldier

I had debated buying a Touch cover, but I know myself, I would have ended up using the Type cover more!!! So, no I did not buy both covers.

LA6507

I'm glad I found this post since I have been debating the purchase of a Type cover for a few weeks. Based on what I'm reading here, it sounds like I need to go for it. My only concern was the thickness of it vs the touch cover.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Omni

I'm glad I found this post since I have been debating the purchase of a Type cover for a few weeks. Based on what I'm reading here, it sounds like I need to go for it. My only concern was the thickness of it vs the touch cover.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I tend to leave the type cover on the desk and use the touch cover when I'm out. It is thinner but not a massive amount. I don't think it will bother you especially is you've not got a touch cover.

TeknoBlast

When I purchased the RT, I got the Touch Cover. Then when I purchased the Pro, I got the Type and really enjoy the Type cover way more than the Touch. At the end, it's all about preference.

OP
H

hogwldfltr

I tend to leave the type cover on the desk and use the touch cover when I'm out. It is thinner but not a massive amount. I don't think it will bother you especially is you've not got a touch cover.

Basically that is the way I see it as well; if there is a chance for something to get on the cover then I'd rather it be the touch.

machistmo

I'm curious if I'm the only one who's broken down and bought both covers? Initially back in June when I bought my SP, I bought the Type cover to go with it. For some reason the Touch called to me. I really like the fact that it doesn't have felt on the bottom and is pretty much spill proof. Anyone else make the same choice to buy both?

I have owned both covers. The touch keyboard is bad. The type is nice enough and works pretty well as a portable option that wont make you insane. The touch drove me BONKERS. GOD please make that bonkers bongo sound the touch makes stop rolling through my head?!

OP
H

hogwldfltr

I have owned both covers. The touch keyboard is bad. The type is nice enough and works pretty well as a portable option that wont make you insane. The touch drove me BONKERS. GOD please make that bonkers bongo sound the touch makes stop rolling through my head?!

I'm curious as to why you didn't turn off the sound? So far I'm happy to have it while typing using the touch as feedback on my touch typing. Typing is definitely less accurate but again for light use and dirty environment it seems to work well enough for me.

Last edited:

Lolvo

I'm curios as to why you didn't turn off the sound? So far I'm happy to have it while typing using the touch as feedback on my touch typing. Typing is definitely less accurate but again for light use and dirty environment it seems to work well enough for me.

Basically that is the way I see it as well; if there is a chance for something to get on the cover then I'd rather it be the touch.

Hmm, interesting that you two make that point about everyday dirt and grime...

If I had something on my hands, or was working in a dirty environment, I would choose the Type Cover, not the Touch...the Touch, with it's felt/fabric material on the keyboard side, collects everyday dirt, dust, oils, etc. much more than the Type Cover (seems this way to me, at least). Why do you two say you would rather use the Touch? I find the Touch would be exponentially harder to clean and keep clean, as opposed to the slick, plastic construction of the Type Cover.

OP
H

hogwldfltr

Simple, mechanical with open spaces versus sealed. I can deal with a stain but not something gumming up the mechanics. Also the back side of my type is getting gunked up from not a lot of use. The back side of the touch has no issues.