What's new

Painting on SP3

Liam2349

Ciao Malbertoo, thnx for answer, so it is not huge difference with icore 3 with icore 5? At present I am a owner ipad air 2(which i wish sell for now), but its screen is not compatible with a thin stylus, (Adonit, wacom ISC2), and it is practically impossible to draw anything. At this moment I am looking for an alternative, I thought surface pro 3, good enough to draw at least in the store today, I tried to do a couple of lines in the firmware, the responsiveness of the pen and less straight lines surprised me compared to the ipad, but not know how to behave adobe illustrator or corel painter, where there will be many layers will be enough CPU power? 4Gb ram should be enough in my opinion, you have had the experience, what do you say?

The i3 will do it, however there is always room for improvement. The i5 will do it better, and the i7 even better. It depends on how much lag you can handle.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@Fuzzle

You haven't posted here for a couple of months. Did you try out the feel of the Surface Pro 3 in a shop somewhere? Did you buy a SP3 or some other device?

I am asking, because your concern was not about artistic software, but instead, hardware, and your experience is likely very valuable to others.

LazyZen

The i3 will do it, however there is always room for improvement. The i5 will do it better, and the i7 even better. It depends on how much lag you can handle.

So, there is some difference, and what about difference with SP2, As I understood, a difference here in the amount of the screen and a new stylus, about iron of anything serious didn't change it seems as.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure where all the artists have gone... anybody seen my old friend artist... can you tell me where he's gone...

I suppose if you peek in over here you might find someone capable of answering.

Liam2349

So, there is some difference, and what about difference with SP2, As I understood, a difference here in the amount of the screen and a new stylus, about iron of anything serious didn't change it seems as.

SP2 has 4x the pressure sensitivity, but the pen is much less accurate. Pick your poison, as I'm not sure which side would be best for drawing.

The only thing I can say for certain is that SP3 has the advantage of a bigger screen and more adjustable kickstand.