What's new

Palm getting in the way still when trying to use pen

jnash123

im a lefty and the palm still has a effect on where the cursor should be compared to where the pen is actually writing.

I have gone to pen settings and changed it to left hand side. I want to take notes in meetings but at the moment it isnt working as i would like and would be more of a hindrance!

any ideas, just purchased the surfacebook, but this is killing me ! - have updated all drivers etc..

thank you in advance

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, @jnash123 . Welcome to the forum.

What app are you using to take notes? 'Palm rejection' varies by app, so perhaps we can find something better for your needs.

null4end

Are you a righty or lefty? If you are writing with your left hand, try launching the Pen setting app and changing what hand you use.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@jnash,

Sorry that even though you have made the proper pen settings, palm rejection is a problem.

I know this is not a convenient solution, but some kind of pad or sleeve or something over your palm might do the trick. Or by now, you have learned to change your hand position a bit.

I hope Microsoft is working to improve this interface. Since it is likely that about 10 percent of their own developers are left-handed, one would expect an improvement.

null4end

Are you a righty or lefty? If you are writing with your left hand, try launching the Pen setting app and changing what hand you use.

Wow, sorry for the bad reading comprehension from me. :) I didn't realize you had already said you were a lefty and that you updated your settings.

Is is just the initial laying down of your hand that causes the problem? Is it still an issue when you continue writing?

I'm fairly new to the SurfaceBook but I've had the SP, SP3 and SP4 and use OneNote heavily. I'm also a lefty and I've learned to be careful about leading with the stylus when I begin writing. Once I start, I keep the tip close to the page which seems to keep the palm detection turned on.