What's new

Paperport 14 broke by RTM

Arizona Willie

Paperport 14 < was > working on earlier builds but since the last release ( 240 ) it hangs up and goes unresponsive and I have to use Task Manager to kill it.

Anyone found a solution?

Paperport 14 is the latest version.

OP
Arizona Willie

Arizona Willie

Nope.

Compatibility mode was the first thing I did.

No luck.

Anyone know of another document management program that scans in paper documents and stores them electronically?

Can you run it in compatibility mode?
Search: "using compatibility mode windows 10"

OP
Arizona Willie

Arizona Willie

Update: I finally got Paperport to < run > after a couple of reboots but although it says it recognizes the scanner it won't connect to the scanner.

Same thing for Windows Scan.

They both list the scanner as the active scanner so I know it finds and recognizes the scanner but it won't connect.

And I think it may be a Windows 10 problem because I get the exact same error message when trying to use Windows Scan as I do when I try to use Paperport.

Paperport probably uses Windows routines to access the scanner and since THAT is broke it breaks Paperport.

THIS MAY NOT BE PAPERPORTS FAULT.

I checked on one of the alternate document management programs and they want $199.

For $350 I can buy a brand new color laser Multi-Function machine.

But, at this time there is no guarantee that a brand new scanner would work any better.

Fortunately, I have Windows 10 on one drive and Windows 8.1 on another drive so I can simply switch to W8.1 if I need to actually do something until they put out a real working version of W 10.

Nope.

Compatibility mode was the first thing I did.

No luck.

Anyone know of another document management program that scans in paper documents and stores them electronically?