What's new

Pardon My Noob Queries, But Here Goes-

eknirb

*When it is fully charged, does light on plug turn green?

*You can organize tiles in columns. Can you move one column under the other? IE: (x's are tiles)

(title)
X X X X X

(title)
XXXXXX

*I see where to lower screen brightness...does it show percentage?

*How long does battery typically last after 100% charge? Normal use for me is some Firefox use, some iTunes use, mostly bouncing around live tiles. In hours? How far can you run it down before recharging?

*Would using Chrome make fan come on as opposed to FF?

*How much fan coming on is normal?

*best product to clean glass?

*Is there a "Battery Life" app to pin to Start, and I am just not seeing it?

*Can you make it so U don't have to unlock upon starting?

*Is there a YouTube app?

Liam2349

1) No.
2) Not sure what you mean? Rows?
3)Power Options > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings > Display > Display brightness OR Windows Mobility Center.
4)8.5 or 9 hours, but Firefox will cut that down significantly. If you want battery life, use IE.
5)FF? Chrome will kill your battery.
6)I only hear the fan when installing updates.
7)Microfiber cloth
8)Possibly. I use TouchMe Gesture studio and it allows you to assign a gesture to many actions, such as displaying battery percentage. Every time I tap 4 fingers on the screen, I see my battery percentage.
9)Change what closing the lid does > Change settings that are currently unavailable > Don't require a password.
10) There are some good alternatives like MetroTube but no official app.

OP
eknirb

eknirb

Thanks for responding! Let me clarify:

By rows, I meant:

Say you have a category called News..and underneath it, there's a CNN, Fox, NBC, etc.
Can you have another category UNDER News? Do they slide that way?

Cambo

By rows, I meant:

Say you have a category called News..and underneath it, there's a CNN, Fox, NBC, etc.
Yep if you hold a tile down on the start screen then you have options to shift the tiles and also label the group where you move the tiles to

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why do you need a YouTube app? It works fine in the browser, an app then is just another thing to maintain and take up space.

Liam2349

By rows, I meant:

No, you cannot stack the categories vertically. Personally I'd like to be able to put tiles in a single column, hopefully that will be possible in Win 10.

And far down can you run the battery before u should recharge?

As far as you like. I only discharge it fully once per month though, as I just don't let it run dead very much - battery life is pretty solid. In terms of long-term battery life, I think it's probably better to charge it before it dies.

Aurelio

By rows, I meant:

You can't put one on the top of another, only side by side!

I use here for work sometimes Firefox and remote desktop, and my battery life for that is around 9hours to 10:30

And have one App very good to see your battery life, time remaining, etc... Battery App Pro.