What's new

Patch Tuesday Today

bosamar

Does Microsoft have an official RT 'Wish list' website. Maybe the mode here can start an official 'want list'?

ZachBui

Download Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2726961) 64-Bit Edition from Official Microsoft Download Center
Download Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2752100) 64-Bit Edition from Official Microsoft Download Center
Download Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2760311) 32-Bit Edition from Official Microsoft Download Center
Download Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2760621) 64-Bit Edition from Official Microsoft Download Center
Download Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2760624) 64-Bit Edition from Official Microsoft Download Center
Download Update for Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 (KB2726947) 64-Bit Edition from Official Microsoft Download Center
Download Update for Microsoft Word 2013 (KB2752073) 64-Bit Edition from Official Microsoft Download Center
Mostly: Contains fixes stability and performance improvements.

Download from Official Microsoft Download Center
A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it.

Download Security Update for Windows XP (KB2757638) from Official Microsoft Download Center
A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it.

Download Security Update for Windows 8 (KB2778930) from Official Microsoft Download Center
A security issue has been identified that could allow an authenticated local attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it.

Download Security Update for Windows 7 (KB2785220) from Official Microsoft Download Center
A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain access to information.

System Firmware Update - 2013-01-08
Improvements to audio playback when in Connected Standby
Additional capabilities for handling firmware updates during low battery situations.

Microsoft Security Advisory: Update for Vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer 10
Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8 and gain control over it.You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft.After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

An update is available for the .NET Framework 4.5 in Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows Server 2012
An update for the .NET Framework 4.5 is available. This update fixes some reliability, compatibility, stability, and performance issues. For more information about the issues that this update resolves, see the "Issues that this update resolves" section.

Download Update for Windows 8 (KB2785094) from Official Microsoft Download Center
These updates (*.msu) provide a collection of performance and reliability improvements that are designed to improve the Windows 8 experience.

Last edited:

R0bR

Had a bit of a scare installing these updates and firmware. After installing and allowing a reboot my screen froze, being that there was a firmware update involved I just let it sit there to see if it would finish up since I didn't want to brick it. After 30 mins and no change I decided to just force shutdown and restart, figured I was maybe screwed so was ready to go to the MS Store. Happy to report everything came up fine. Phew!

ArnoldC

Disappointment #2: I never had issues with audio getting distorted since purchase, after this update my XBox Music crackles/distorts the audio when I switch apps. I'm pissed.

ArnoldC

Disappointment #2: I never had issues with audio getting distorted since purchase, after this update my XBox Music crackles/distorts the audio when I switch apps. I'm pissed.

Got it fixed. My region is United States of America. Changed it back to Philippines. Re-started the Music app, and no more crackle/distortion.

That was scare!