What's new

Payment options in app store

masshlx

Hope I posted in the right spot. I want to purchase a few app from the store, but I'd rather not link a credit card. Is there a way, now or in the works, to buy a card in a box store like Xbox has to load credit on a online account?

oion

My credit card bank gives the option to create a virtual "temporary" number for use in online transactions when I'm uncomfortable giving the real number; the account feature creates a different number, and I can set both charge limit and expiration date (or it defaults to max and 1 month).

Another possible option are those credit card "gift cards," such as the Visa gift card (which I've never used).

Endorsay

Hope I posted in the right spot. I want to purchase a few app from the store, but I'd rather not link a credit card. Is there a way, now or in the works, to buy a card in a box store like Xbox has to load credit on a online account?

Windows 8.1 will allow you to do what you want (eg buy a card and then enter the code to buy apps). There should be more news about this around October 18 timeframe.