What's new

Solved PDF file print issue

Dan Oliphant

I was in process of printing a PDF downloaded file when I received an error message stating that no printer could be located (in mid print). After verifying that my wireless printer was functioning properly, I tried to reprint the PDF file again with no success. The print window shows an attempt to connect. I can print other document types without difficulties. The PDF reader is Adobe, downloaded from the store, uninstalled/reinstalled. Printer turned off and restarted.
Is there a selection window I need to find to select PDF file printing that I have not located yet??

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@Dan Oliphant ,

I believe you are victim of a bug in Windows 10 regarding printing of .pdf files, which I experienced as late as 22 June 2016. This bug was squashed in Build 14371 released 23 June 2016.

OP
D

Dan Oliphant

The latest update I have is kb3163018 for windows 10 ver 1511. OS build 10586, that update came through a couple of days ago, no new updates available at this time.

OP
D

Dan Oliphant

I have been trying different printing options sense posting this issue yesterday and have found that the issue regarding printing is actually two fold. First is the inability to print PDF files that have been downloaded. Secondly is an inability to print any item that is displayed through a browser, whether that browser is Edge or Explorer. The Explorer browser print window shows my printer a ready, but when the print button is touched, the window simply closes without printing. The Edge browser print window shows an attempt at connecting, without success (same cycle as with PDF files.

Would a Microsoft software engineer like to respond????

leeshor

As an experiment, try opening something that isn't working now in Firefox and go the file menu, print preview to see if that works. This is not an official Microsoft site so you may want to go here Microsoft Surface troubleshooting and support | Surface help articles but I doubt you'll get any real help from a software engineer. I haven't had any issues (yet) printing PDF files.

Just a wag but it may be the printer you're using or the drivers.