What's new

PDFs

ARosch

First, are there are PDF viewers out there where you can jump to a certain page without having to first go there and bookmark it? I find myself using textbooks several times each day on my Surface and I am usually not close to the beginning of the book. I have tried the default Reader and Adobe Touch, neither seem to have ability unless I am just missing something.

Also, is there a way to view PDFs from the browser without having to download them? Like some sort of Adobe plugin I can download perhaps?

bosamar

The built in Reader app supports continuous pages. Swipe up from the bottom to select. It also has a Find function and Bookmarks.

OP
ARosch

ARosch

Continuous pages helps, but still makes it tedious if you need to go 100+ pages in. Book marks are great, but you have to create them. The find function hasn't been real helpful in my experience. The best solution I have come up with is to create bookmarks in the PDF on my desktop then send the PDF back to the Surface.

bosamar

My 296-page naval history book is in PDF and I've bookmarked all the chapters just for that reason.

bosamar

I also forgot to mention that if you pinch the document smaller you can view ten pages per screen.

Rvacha

I don't need editing or markup features, but I do need to keep multiple PDFs open at once. I'd really like a reader that had tabs but I have not found such a thing yet. The next best solution for me is the Adobe Touch Reader - at least it has an MRU list (the alternative being having to search, then search, then search.... to bounce back and forth between PDFs). And... now it prints!