What's new

Pen cursor stuck on left of screen after firmware update

unclekyky

Yesterday I did the firmware update (but I also installed other programs, so I'm not sure what to blame). Whenever I move or place the cursor on the left of the screen (about 1 cm from the edge), the cursor gets stuck. It will move up and down on a vertical line 1 cm from the edge as I move the pen around, but it won't move left or right. The cursor will start behaving normally, if I hover over an icon on the task bar.

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: I had previously tried re-calibrating the input, but that didn't help. Just a few minutes ago, I reset the calibration settings and now the pen is behaving normally.

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Never seen that before, you might try uninstalling the programs one at a time to see if that helps. what were they for, you might make an educated guess based on their functionality.

I would also try shutting down completely then startup into UEFI, exit and startup Windows.

From Shutdown:
  • Press and hold the volume-up button on your Surface and at the same time, press and release the power button.
  • When you see the Surface logo, release the volume-up button.
  • The UEFI menu will display within a few seconds.
  • Exit

OP
U

unclekyky

Thanks for your help. I tried the reboot, but nothing worked. I had previously tried re-calibrating the input, but that didn't help. Just a few minutes ago, I reset the calibration settings and now the pen is behaving normally.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for your help. I tried the reboot, but nothing worked. I had previously tried re-calibrating the input, but that didn't help. Just a few minutes ago, I reset the calibration settings and now the pen is behaving normally.
D'oh I shoulda mentioned that :)