What's new

Pen double click for OneNote 2016 Desktop app

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this topic has been brought up here before but I don't see the "search forum" option anywhere on this page.

So I looked up how to actually set the default program to be the desktop instead of the horrid onenote metro app on the microsoft website and here's what they say:

"In Windows 10, when you click the top button on your Surface Pen, the integrated OneNote app opens to a new Quick Note, ready to capture your thoughts.

If you’ve installed OneNote 2013 or OneNote 2016—the desktop app—the notes you write in the OneNote app will be available there, too. To open the OneNote desktop app, select it from Start, All apps, or your taskbar. (You can’t open the OneNote desktop app with a pen click in Windows 10.)"

So does anyone know if they plan on implementing this for windows 10? Its a bit of an inconvenience for me especially if I'm taking a screen clipping. Or perhaps does anyone know of an unofficial workaround?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure this topic has been brought up here before but I don't see the "search forum" option anywhere on this page.

So I looked up how to actually set the default program to be the desktop instead of the horrid onenote metro app on the microsoft website and here's what they say:

"In Windows 10, when you click the top button on your Surface Pen, the integrated OneNote app opens to a new Quick Note, ready to capture your thoughts.

If you’ve installed OneNote 2013 or OneNote 2016—the desktop app—the notes you write in the OneNote app will be available there, too. To open the OneNote desktop app, select it from Start, All apps, or your taskbar. (You can’t open the OneNote desktop app with a pen click in Windows 10.)"

So does anyone know if they plan on implementing this for windows 10? Its a bit of an inconvenience for me especially if I'm taking a screen clipping. Or perhaps does anyone know of an unofficial workaround?
Search is in the upper right corner:

upload_2015-11-12_5-33-35.png

The change in Windows 10 is two fold, new APIs with WinRT 2.0 and new Win32 Security Model. Also, with TH2 you may find that the App version of OneNote is a better inking experience (I have).

BTW - Here is the Search results for all of the other threads:

Search Results for Query: Windows 10 OneNote | Microsoft Surface Forums

Please continue the conversation there (Thread Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.