What's new

Pen for using in surface 2 tablet

Lucasmtz

I would like to know what kind of pen i can use to write in onnote in a surface 2 tablet. I tried severals pens but anyone has not work correctivily. Can you help me

MickeyLittle

I would like to know what kind of pen i can use to write in onnote in a surface 2 tablet. I tried severals pens but anyone has not work correctivily. Can you help me

Here you go Amazon.com: Fosmon Trio Capacitive Stylus in Blue, Red and Purple for Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite and other Touchscreen Devices: Electronics

The Surface 2 is different than the Surface Pro in that it will not recognize a digitized stylus but only the capacitive style. These are not as precise for writing or drawing but they do work really good for scrolling the screen, tapping on icons and links, and writing notes in apps such as One Note.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
If you want any of the Capacitive Stylus Pen's to work well it requires editing the registry, so be warned that you should take all necessary precautions, etc.

Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TouchPrediction

And change these values:

Latency 8
SampleTime 8
UseHWTimeStamp 1

To:

Latency 2
SampleTime 2
UseHWTimeStamp 1

And reboot and after you should see a marked improvement in inking.

For best results I would use a Adonit Jot Pro Gen 1....

MickeyLittle

No problem. You can also find these at most Walgreen's and all Walmart stores as well. If you end up looking for a higher quality stylus for your Surface you may want to try one from Adonit Jot for around $30. I tried it but it just wasn't for me as I think it sticks to most screen protectors imo. I preferred the Boxwave mesh fiber stylus and I believe it is usually around $10 on Amazon.

Good luck.

MickeyLittle

Thanks for the input there Jeff. I had no idea about editing the registry to help out with the inking. That's another great tip here on the forum!

OP
L

Lucasmtz

Many thanks to both for your response. I will try to change the settings and will buy a pen that allows me to use the 2 surface for taking notes in my work.
Thanks a lot

Gromet

If you want any of the Capacitive Stylus Pen's to work well it requires editing the registry, so be warned that you should take all necessary precautions, etc.

Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TouchPrediction

And change these values:

Latency 8
SampleTime 8
UseHWTimeStamp 1

To:

Latency 2
SampleTime 2
UseHWTimeStamp 1

And reboot and after you should see a marked improvement in inking.

For best results I would use a Adonit Jot Pro Gen 1....

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

macster

Late to the party.
  1. Thanks for the registry tips.
  2. Try this one "Kamor® Ultra-sensitive Stylus/Styli Touch Screen Cell phone Tablet Pen @ $7.99 ea. at Amazon.
M~