What's new

Pen Freezing

Alexander

Hi guys,

I've come across a problem recently. The pen will occasionally become unresponsive, sometimes for about 30-40 seconds. The trackpad does however work at these times.

Has anyone come across this? Can it be sorted as it is a little annoying

Appreciate the help!

OP
A

Alexander

Naturally, I reinstalled the battery right away. It seems to freeze much less, but it has frozen a few times in the past few hours.

No one else is having this issue?

Mine freezes about every paragraph or two while writing notes. It becomes responsive again about 15 s or so later.

I just reloaded/repaired MS Office, will see if that helps.

I also have experienced that the pen button no longer calls up a quick note in Windows 10.

IT_Freggel

I have the same issue when using the eraser. After erasing some notes the pen might get unresponsive. I than lift it of the tablet for two seconds and the pen will write again. Strange.

SurfaceUser12

I have the same issue when using the eraser. After erasing some notes the pen might get unresponsive. I than lift it of the tablet for two seconds and the pen will write again. Strange.

I'm having the same issue.

The SP3 pen becomes non-responsive for 5-15 seconds when using the eraser button (bottom button). This occurs in dekstop applications such as Manga Studio as well as metro apps such as OneNote.

The pen is very responsive when writing, so I hardly think it's the battery. It's only when the eraser button is pressed when it freezes.

Anyone have any feedback regarding this issue?

Nys299

Me too....when I am trying to annotate a schematic....sometimes it locks up for half a minute to one minute and then it comes back on. This is really annoying and embarrassing. It happens all the time. I have set the bluetooth settings in Device Manager to never allow computer to turn off bluetooth device. But to no avail.