What's new

Pen not working in Photoshop

3DPiper

After updating to Windows 10, Photoshop is not working correctly on my daughter's Surface Pro 2.
She can select items, buttons, menus, etc, but when she goes to draw on the canvas it is as though there is always a line drawing from the upper left corner of the screen. She can tap anywhere, drag, etc, and it is always like she is starting the stylus from the upper left of the whole screen (not just the upper left of the canvas)..

Why is it doing this? Can it be fixed?

Philtastic

I don't know about your specific problem but, to get the SP2 pen to be fully functional in Photoshop, you need to install the Wacom Feel drivers which can be found here:
Wacom Feel Driver | Wacom Americas

A small warning: especially in Win8 but I've experienced it a handful of times in Win10, some times when you bring your tablet out of sleep/hibernate after installing this driver, the pen will no longer work which requires a restart to fix. Another prevalent problem in at least CS5 and 6 for almost all Wacom tablets (including the Intuos Pro which I also have using CS5) is that, occasionally, your pen strokes will ignore the actual pressure that you are drawing with and will just use the heaviest pressure for that stroke.