What's new

Pen not working / sporadically working

cvw

Hi, I use my pen to handwrite notes on my university lectures. It was working really well and then a few weeks ago it just wouldn't write. I changed the battery, ran through the diagnostic tool and tried my husband's pen. in the end I noticed it was paired but not connected. then it started working again. but the problem has recurred and the pen is both paired and connected. Please help. don't know what to try next.

thanks

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Remove the battery and with some Alcohol and Q-tip clean the leads in the battery compartment. Also, there is an issue with the Fall Creators update that is causing some pens to act like that if the above doesn't work.

Microsoft promises a fix is coming shortly.

OP
C

cvw

Remove the battery and with some Alcohol and Q-tip clean the leads in the battery compartment. Also, there is an issue with the Fall Creators update that is causing some pens to act like that if the above doesn't work.

Microsoft promises a fix is coming shortly.
thanks. will give that a try

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Does your husbands pen work on your device? Does your pen work on your husband's device? That will help narrow down if it is the pen or the machine...