What's new

Pen quit working

godparticle

All of the sudden my pen won't register any touches. I tried rebooting and still no luck. Did I press some key or something? I have no idea what's going on. Finger touches still work.

Edit: Ok, I did a second reboot and now it works. How weird...

Last edited:

BillJ

I have had the same experience; working with Photoshop, the pen will be working fine until all of a sudden the cursor will only show up in the right margin of the screen. Re-booting fixes for a while, then the same problem. I wonder if there is a software incompatibility of the pen driver and the open application. This will definitely need to be addressed in a driver update.

OP
G

godparticle

I had been using photoshop also. I had left it alone long enough for it to sleep mode and then experienced the issue. Wish they would hurry up and put out those drivers for pressure levels

lostlogik

I have seen mention that a few people are experiencing issues with the pen just stopping to be recognised. Device manager/reboot seems to be the only work around at the moment.

Dartasien

I have had the same experience; working with Photoshop, the pen will be working fine until all of a sudden the cursor will only show up in the right margin of the screen. Re-booting fixes for a while, then the same problem. I wonder if there is a software incompatibility of the pen driver and the open application. This will definitely need to be addressed in a driver update.

This seems to be a calibration issue that pops up occasionally. You can fix it by resetting your calibration completely or for momentarily fixing it you can just take your pen to the left margin of the screen and the cursor will snap to it, but until you reset calibration any time you get near the right margin it will "grab" your pen and hold it until you go back to the left. Although it has only happened to me twice now, it's annoying and random to the extreme when it does.

vinceagr

This seems to be a calibration issue that pops up occasionally. You can fix it by resetting your calibration completely or for momentarily fixing it you can just take your pen to the left margin of the screen and the cursor will snap to it, but until you reset calibration any time you get near the right margin it will "grab" your pen and hold it until you go back to the left. Although it has only happened to me twice now, it's annoying and random to the extreme when it does.

This did the trick for me, frustrating as all get out. Love the info on the Microsoft site saying to get new batteries.