What's new

Pen Stop working intermittently

kozak79

When I'm using the Surface Pen, every few minutes, sometimes more frequent, it would stop responding. The screen doesn't update at all from the pen. Touch input still works. After about 10 to 15 seconds, the Pen starts working again. The Purple button still works when the pen is not recognized.

Anyone experience this? Or have heard of how to fix this or track down what's causing this.

OP
K

kozak79

I tried going into pen properties and unchecking "Allow windows to turn this device off to save power" but when I do that, it immediately Blue Screens, every time.

Gary.M

I had that problem with my spare pen so I changed the battery and while it worked for a short while the problem returned. I got in touch with Microsoft and received a new pen today and it now works flawlessly, so I deduce the pen was faulty.
As a side note, this new pen feels better: the buttons seem slightly more raised and the finish on the pen is grippier :)

OP
K

kozak79

I disabled Pen Flicks and Hold to Right Click with the pen, since there is a right click button on the pen.