What's new

Pen stopped working

Fructose80

Good Evening,
I was wondering if anyway has a fix for a pen that has stopped working. The little LED indicator does not come on at all nor does it connect VIA Bluetooth. I updated all my drivers and replaced the battery. That does not seem to be the case as nothing is still happening. Nothing seems to work, I bought this thing NOV 22 so I am hoping the dang thing did not die. Any help would be appreciated.
Wayne

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@Fructose80

Hopefully, your pen may be suffering from the same problem that sometimes happens to remote controls.
Make sure the pen contacts are okay. Try cleaning them by doing one of the following:

- Apply small amount of rubbing alcohol to a cotton swab. Use the swab to clean the two places the battery touches.
- Apply lens cleaner to the ends of the battery, then immediately install the battery completely into the pen. Cleaner on the ends of the battery should clean the contacts.

Let us know if this solves the problem.

lami

Just a dumb thought, did you try to replace the battery ( they also sometimes fail)?
An other thought, did you check that the battery is inserted in the right direction?