What's new

Solved People App Crash

kwright

My people app crashes every time it's opened. The orange background screen comes up briefly and then disappears.

It is associated with my profile. My other family members on the same computer have no problem.

It does the same thing on my Yoga 13 and SP3 but not my SP2.

I've refreshed Windows (and found that the Dragon software that I "purchased" from Nuance could no longer be downloaded), removed the app and reinstalled and made sure that the machines are up to date. In addition I've tried to "back door" the app by saving a new contact from mail.

In the meantime I've pinned the People page from Office online to my start menu.

Greatly appreciate any suggestions.

malberttoo

My people app crashes every time it's opened. The orange background screen comes up briefly and then disappears.

It is associated with my profile. My other family members on the same computer have no problem.

It does the same thing on my Yoga 13 and SP3 but not my SP2.

I've refreshed Windows (and found that the Dragon software that I "purchased" from Nuance could no longer be downloaded), removed the app and reinstalled and made sure that the machines are up to date. In addition I've tried to "back door" the app by saving a new contact from mail.

In the meantime I've pinned the People page from Office online to my start menu.

Greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Moved this to Surface Apps. Also, see the following thread...

http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/people-app.15747/

Do you by any chance have it linked to Twitter?

OP
K

kwright

I'm not fired up about it. I'm thinking that like every other problem I've had with 8 an update will be out in a few days to fix it.

malberttoo

I know that is has been reported as "on the radar" at Microsoft, I saw one person say that his worked normally again after he disconnected his Twitter account from it. YMMV.

OP
K

kwright

Killing the Twitter feed fixed the problem. To do this I used the small icon in the top right of the screen on the web based People application.

Many thanks for your insight.