What's new

People Hub issue between Windows 8 Pro on Desktop to Windows RT on Surface

TeknoBlast

So I'm running into one small issue with my Windows 8 Pro dekstop and Surface. So in the People Hub, the contacts and whateever feeds it has comes from your Live account and Facebook account. The issue I found is that my Surface will pull in all my friends from my FB account. On my Windows 8 desktop, I dont get all my contacts from FB. I tried removing FB from both my Live account and removing the FB account. Still no fix.

Anyone else run into this issue?

ArnoldC

1. The People Hub is an aggregator, it pulls feeds from whatever account it is configured for.
2. The accounts are synchronized between devices.

Having said that, I don't have an issue with my devices, those listed in my signature.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

Yeah, mine are synced too and accounts are set up on both systems. Dont understand why my desktop wont pull in everyone like my Surface does.

bosamar

I've had no problems with it. I'm pulling from windows live, facebook, and linkedin. Do you get the small icons for each in your Surface account?

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

I've had no problems with it. I'm pulling from windows live, facebook, and linkedin. Do you get the small icons for each in your Surface account?

Oh yeah, I get all the icons like I do with the Surface, but doesnt pull all the contacts. I noticed it more when I favorited my sister's account from the Surface. When I went to my desktop, she didnt show up at all. All I have for her is her email information. Her and other FB accounts is not showing at all. This is only happening on the desktop.

ArnoldC

Please ignore...

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

Last edited:
OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

I finally solved this issue. I completely removed the FB connection that I had on Live.com. So when you sign into Hotmail or live.com, all you see in your contacts section are the entries you made there, no FB contacts since the connection is gone. Back to my desktop, it will take a while for that connection to be removed from the People hub. After the connection is removed from the People hub, all you'll see are your Live contacts. Once this is cleared, you re-add the FB connection within the people hub. After a few minutes, the people will import all your FB contacts. Problem solved.