What's new

Personal Review of Surface Pro 2

Tgrey

As I know all office is same, just depends on what product key you put? if you put pro key, it will be pro

OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, they have different SKUs, there is a VL version, an O365 version and retail each ISO is different. Retail works that way with the exception you need Retail Keys.

mitchellvii

Picked up the new backlit type cover today. Major improvement over the first version. First of all, it's quiet. The first version was like a jack-hammer. Second the backlight is oh so nice. When I wake up at 5 am and want to check the morning news it will be great to be able to see the keyboard. At $129 still wildly overpriced but oh well, had $30 worth of free MyBestBuy bucks I needed to spend so my real cost was just $99 which is what it should cost :)

I tried the touch keyboard but I felt like I really needed to pound the keys to make them register.

mitchellvii

The best thing about the new type keyboard is that it makes the Surface Pro look and feel more like a real ultrabook than just a tablet with a toy keyboard.

CrippsCorner

It has Office 2013 Standard, which you can run and add your key, I needed Pro Plus that would activate against my KMS Server. I'm running the 256/8 Version.

Brilliant I did not know this! Perhaps time to wave goodbye to OpenOffice... which is a great product but there is differences in formatting when constantly switching between Writer and Word.

MoggSquad

I do not own one, but every article I have read says Office is sold separately for Pro 2. It must be a trial version.

Brilliant I did not know this! Perhaps time to wave goodbye to OpenOffice... which is a great product but there is differences in formatting when constantly switching between Writer and Word.

oion

The Office pre-installed with the Pro line is definitely trial. You must buy the license key separately (or your company supplies an umbrella license).