What's new

[PHOTO] album of your Surface Pro 3 desk set up

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice... :)

This was my Pimped SP3 next to my work-issue Lenovo on a desk in the Sheraton Frankfurt airport where I was overnight for a meeting. The SP3 was brilliant all trip had no trouble connecting to the conference hall wifi when others said they couldn't connect it was truely excellent. I really didn't need to take the Lenovo... I only did because I can access the work network on it but not on my SP3.

Sp3 2.jpg
SP31.jpg

GTiceman

Very similar to what my setup looked like for a week long meeting in Waltham, Mass a few weeks back and I also didn't need my work Lenovo but my SP3 isn't on our VPN so I brought it. I do have a Hyper-V of my work laptop I can run that will allow me to get VPN access.

Fly

001.JPG

• Dell U2711 (2560x1440)
  • Logitech K800 keyboard
  • Logitech Performance MX mouse
  • 1TB USB 3.0 external HDD (attached to underside of desk)
  • QI Wireless Charger for my Nexus 5 and 7
  • Mini-speaker (I mostly use Bose AE2i headphones)
  • Connected to 1GBIT LAN with 80/80 Mbit internet
  • Dell XPS turned Home Server
    • Plex Media Server
    • uTorrent with auto-download, extract and sorting.
    • SP3 setup = Putting .torrent files into XPS Drop starts process above on server.
    • Enjoy movies and shows via Chromecast/SP3 (only non-copyrighted stuff ofc...)

GTiceman

• Dell U2711 (2560x1440)
  • Logitech K800 keyboard
  • Logitech Performance MX mouse
  • 1TB USB 3.0 external HDD (attached to underside of desk)
  • QI Wireless Charger for my Nexus 5 and 7
  • Mini-speaker (I mostly use Bose AE2i headphones)
  • Connected to 1GBIT LAN with 80/80 Mbit internet
  • Dell XPS turned Home Server
    • Plex Media Server
    • uTorrent with auto-download, extract and sorting.
    • SP3 setup = Putting .torrent files into XPS Drop starts process above on server.
    • Enjoy movies and shows via Chromecast/SP3 (only non-copyrighted stuff ofc...)

Beautiful set-up, I need to get my desk cleaned up like that, I like how you mentioned things are mounted underneath. I am actually building a new rack server for my home, previously been using an HP Mediasmart with USB array around 38TB and I user Mediabrowser 3 on the server and an HTPC for my main system and will be getting the MS Wireless Display Adapter to use when I travel, I have a Chromecast.

pharaohmanx

Here goes my setup . still debating on getting the dock but this should do for now !

- comfort curve 3000 microsoft Keyboard
-Chromecast adapter
-32 inch apex
-GearHead portable USB Hub
-Artic breeze usb fan
-logitech m510 wireless mouse
20141226_134540.jpg

B

B'midbar

1024x768_bestfit[1].jpg

• SP3, i5, 256GB
  • AOC Q2963PM (2560x1080). Went back and forth between 2560x1440 and 2560x1080 for a long time. Settled on the former as I was (am) good with 1080 height and I like snapping stuff on the left and right side of the screens side-by-side. Two monitors would overwhelm my desk. Little Kensington monitor stand to get it up to eye height.
  • Microsoft Mobile Bluetooth Keyboard 5000
  • Microsoft Arch Touch Surface Edition wireless mouse
  • 3TB Western Digital My Book Passport Essential (hidden behind the Netgear R6300 wireless AC router; currently connected at 866.5 Mpbs) < backup in office
  • 256gb PNY 3.0 turbo flash drive hanging off the SP3 (all my software media installs)
  • Little black box on the bottom right of my monitor pedestal is a Samsung 840 EVO mSATA 1TB in a small SSD enclosure the size of two packs of gum for when I travel < backup on the road (plus more VMs)
  • 128GB SanDisk microSDHC on the SP3 for all my data files excluding VMs that are on the SP3's SSD.
Oldest, most important thing on my desktop? My seventeen year-old coffee cup warmer out of sight on the right side of the desk. ;)

Also my Meerschaum pipe peeking out from underneath the monitor stand.

Last edited by a moderator:

B.E.McAllister

uploadfromtaptalk1424746696367.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1424746710847.jpg

Extended to the monitor to the left, the right is a windows 7 computer
Tablet stand of actto holding surface dock in correct viewing position