What's new

[PHOTO] album of your Surface Pro 3 desk set up

Telstar1948

Man...there are some serious "neat freaks" posting photos of their desktop setups!! By comparison my (incomplete) set up looks like something from Sanford & Sons (for those that remember the revered junkman's domain). Once I get my other monitor going maybe I'll try to arrange things a little neater and post a photo. Of course I don't have the desktop room some have :)

Last edited:

mohcho

Telstar1948, I agree 100%. I was thinking about posting a picture of my desk setup, but compared to all the pics that have been posted, I'm embarrassed as my desk looks like a mess compared to the ones posted. I guess I'll have to stage my desk like people stage their homes to buy it to show it in the best light. :)

OP
Enrico D.

Enrico D.

doesn't matter! In honor of Sp3 please post, doesn't matter who has the desk more nice or ugly, it's the same...... the device is always that :) please just post :)

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is how I am currently using my SP3, to write notes from an online course (python for beginners) while watching the course video on my desktop PC. Please forgive the messy desk...

2014-09-22 19.41.05.jpg

ScottyS

IMG_1162.JPG

You can just see the USB wire loop into my SP1 on the shelf on the side table. I am glad my SP3 now has power, USB and mDP jacks all on the same side. The drawer under the shelf contains a powered 9 port USB3 hub and several external and portable HDs giving me 3 1/4TBs of storage and a DVD burner.

Maximus3D

I think it's KISS, which means Keep It Simple Stupid. :)

I'll be back with some shots of my setup once i got the keyboard and mouse, they are sadly out of stock everywhere so i'm stuck with only the device and pen for now and you all know what that looks like already.

/ Magnus

agt499

Here we go:
(note to anyone concerned with excessive tidiness - there's plenty of junk - it's just all out of shot)
First - home setup with the dock, and 2xDell 2414 Daisychained.
Presently using the type cover so that I get plenty of practice typing on it. Have a soundbar on one of the monitors, but as the desk is in the room with the proper stereo, it's really just for cat videos.
upload_2014-9-24_12-53-13.png

Second: -at work the 2xDell 2712 usually run off the desktop, so the SP3 is sort-of auxilliary (but with AeroFS keeping it all in sync for when I leave the office), but I sometimes run one monitor off it for kicks.
I fold the type cover flat underneath, and use Synergy so the main keyboard and mouse controls the desktop and SP3
upload_2014-9-24_12-53-39.png

-preferring Logitech mice for the hyperscrolling and actual proper middle button.

Last edited:

agt499

Agt those setups are great. The office reminds me of my days with my U3011
...I just wish the dock was a lot cheaper (so that getting 2 made sense), and had multiple video out (the MST DisplayPort is hard to find monitors for -I bought my home Dells on a decent special, but there are very few choices that wouldn't involve yet another [costly] adapter hanging off the dock)

GTiceman

...I just wish the dock was a lot cheaper (so that getting 2 made sense), and had multiple video out (the MST DisplayPort is hard to find monitors for -I bought my home Dells on a decent special, but there are very few choices that wouldn't involve yet another [costly] adapter hanging off the dock)

I would have a dock if they were a bit cheaper. I agree about the MST and thus why I only have my U2412M because i can't find a second new monitor that I like with it unless I get the 2414