What's new

Photoshop CS5 on SP3

tat3406

I know Photoshop CS6 had option change UI to 200% for high resolution display, but not the CS5. The tools icon was too small and hard to pick it by finger or pen. I don't have the budget to purchase latest version and I am not the pro so no need the latest advance fictures. Any idea can I change the test size and icon size in the PS CS5 interface?

BillsCarnage

I've found bumping the resolution down helps, but cc is the only way to go. And it's not just PS, most legacy software has the problem due to the pixel density.

bluegrass

So sad... very expensive software, but bad support

I'm not real familiar with Adobe high end products like PS but hasn't Adobe gone to subscriptions now on all of their high end apps. If so, I would think that you could possibly get PS for around $10 a month 7 all future upgrades would be included in the subscription. It really looks like most major software vendors or moving in that direction. Microsoft of course did it with their Office in Office 365.

OP
T

tat3406

I'm not real familiar with Adobe high end products like PS but hasn't Adobe gone to subscriptions now on all of their high end apps. If so, I would think that you could possibly get PS for around $10 a month 7 all future upgrades would be included in the subscription. It really looks like most major software vendors or moving in that direction. Microsoft of course did it with their Office in Office 365.

The price for CC is no so bad, but this is extra cost to me. I will try to get use what I have.

daniielrp

So sad... very expensive software, but bad support

not really, CS5 is 4 years old and they have released CS6 and changed to the CC format now. If I worked for Adobe I wouldn't be updating old software to work with brand new systems when my newer software already does the job.

The price for CC is no so bad, but this is extra cost to me. I will try to get use what I have.

It's $9.99 per month for both Photoshop and Lightroom, the only downfall is if you don't renew your monthly subscription then you can no longer open the .psd files you created with it (I'm assuming CS5 cannot open a CC .psd file). Also if you are a photographer and you buy a newer camera you will be forced to go the CC route as Adobe is not updating the RAW plug-in for older Photoshop versions. I love Adobe software, personally I think it's the best out there but I really don't like this new business platform. Unfortunately it seems like more and more companies are going the subscription route.

JoshB

I would love it if at the end of each year Adobe would have a permanent version of CC for that year. Like... Adobe CC 2014. then 2015 that has all the updates at the end of next year that you could buy and so on.

OP
T

tat3406

It's $9.99 per month for both Photoshop and Lightroom, the only downfall is if you don't renew your monthly subscription then you can no longer open the .psd files you created with it (I'm assuming CS5 cannot open a CC .psd file). Also if you are a photographer and you buy a newer camera you will be forced to go the CC route as Adobe is not updating the RAW plug-in for older Photoshop versions. I love Adobe software, personally I think it's the best out there but I really don't like this new business platform. Unfortunately it seems like more and more companies are going the subscription route.

$9.99 is affordable, but Adobe can increase the price anytime they want. I dislike this method, same as the office 365. Users are force to pay the upgrade and other bundle software they no need, long period cost is very high. I have using DPP(similar to Lightroom) so I no need LR, that mean I need to paid $119.9/year for Photoshop. I always purchase the outdate version at discount price, so this new platform look good for new users, but not good for all current users.