What's new

Photosphere App

Alolkoy

Is there a Photosphere App that will work with the Surface Book 2 similar to Google Camera or the Street View app?

It seems a shame to be relegated to using my 5mp camera on my Android when I have an 8mp camera on my Surface Book 2. I would be able to detach the screen from the keyboard and use it the same way an android take s360 panoramic photos.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have you by chance taken a look at the Windows Store? I did a quick search for "Panoramic" and it returned "DMD Panorama" which appears to take and make panoramic pictures in Windows. I apologize up front if I completely missed the mark here (it wouldn't be the first miss). Take a look at the attached picture for more information and thanks for posting here at Microsoft Surface Forums.

Mike H

Capture.PNG

OP
A

Alolkoy

Thanks Mike,

I did see that one but my impression was that it just made regular panoramas without the ability to look up and down but I'll take another look.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about -

9 Best Photo Stitching Software To Create Panorama Images
OR
Canon Utilities PhotoStitch

Most of these appear to be "stitching" software - but you may be able to take pictures with your PC and stitch them together manually. Yes - this sucks, but it may be better than nothing and you can learn a new skill if you don't already have it.

You can always run Android on your PC (See - Run Android Apps on Your Windows PC - ExtremeTech ) but I am not sure if it will integrate a PC Camera with your pre-existing Android Software. Might be worth a shot though. You seem to be correct, the software industry by large, has seemed to left Windows PC's in "the dust" when it comes to Panoramic software. Shame really - when you consider some people live an breath in "Tablet Mode". If time permits - let us know what, if any resolution you came up with.

Mike H