What's new

Plastic part on top, issue!?

YaarPatandarAA

Hello, Forum

I recently purchased a used but mint condition surface pro 4. It is in great condition and it works as expected and I have no personal usage issues with it. However there is a issues with the plastic piece on top of the device.

That plastic piece is flapping and issue is only felt when your hand slides over that area, it is right above the camera. I feel it is I pick up the tablet from that area and/or when i hold from there to take off keyboard. There is also a piece of hardware flex ribbon cable coming out from the right side of that plastic bar, right of camera.

I have attached Images of what I am talking about. I just want to know if this is a something that should be worried about or just ignored and tried to avoid from further damage to that area. Also if it is a easy fix that I can do myself please let me know; I have experience in repairing screens, LCDs, batteries, circuit boards, and mostly anything from smartphones to tablets and also computer repair. So even if it is a little challenge I can take it on.

Thank You

amc4ANQ.jpg blgmMJs.jpg

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome and congrats on your Surface Pro 4.

I say ignore it. Superficial only. Both of my Surface Book screens have a slight disruption in the line along the top center of the clipboard. Does not affect performance or integrity.

Plantje

If I pull a little bit on the plastic part of my Surface 3 it has some movement as well. If it always looks like that on your first picture I would not be happy!

OP
Y

YaarPatandarAA

Welcome and congrats on your Surface Pro 4.

I say ignore it. Superficial only. Both of my Surface Book screens have a slight disruption in the line along the top center of the clipboard. Does not affect performance or integrity.
Yeah I might as well just ignore it and not try to break it by messing with it.