What's new

Playback issues through IE Flixster

manoroid

Does anyone have issues playing flixster through IE? It stutters like crazy. You are probably wondering why I don't use the app. Reason being the app doesn't play my movies in hd. Its stupid. Going back to IE...the sound pops when it plays and video stutters in and out.

ctitanic

yes, I'm having the same issue. I think it's an application issue. I can play HD movies from other sources like Netflix and amazon. Probably a DRM issue.

OP
M

manoroid

Well its good to know im not the only one. Do you have any performance issues with playing it from the IE browser? It plays Hd but mine runs choppy in the browser.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Is Flixster's website using Flash or Silverlight? Most coders never successfully implemented Hardware Acceleration for their Silverlight Web Players....

malberttoo

Why is the flixster App Such garbage?? Android and IOS do it perfectly fine? What's the hold up?

Each company writes their own app. So you should contact Flixter directly and ask them.

Maybe some feedback from customers would get them to improve it.

OP
M

manoroid

Got a reply back from flixster Blah
Screenshot (4).png

Daniel Edwards

Having typed all the Ultraviolet codes from my Blu Rays and being able to see my movies in Flixster then playing them to be told HDCP not supported and can only watch in SD not HD... blah blah... Any ideas of how to download and play my movies in HD on my Surface Pro 3 ideally without having to pay for them... again?