What's new

Playstation 4 wireless controller works excellent for surface pro

squadz

Okay so there is probably a very simple reason, but I don't know what it is.

I have the PS4, and I have the SP2, along with the DS4 controller. When I turn on the controller, it turns on the PS4. There's no way of me turning on the controller without turning on the PS4 is there?

My SP2 isn't finding the controller (Bluetooth).

demandarin

Just decided to get the DS4 controller today at Best Buy. Connected perfectly out of the box with the Surface Pro 2 through BT. Solid connection as well with a solid white light on the controller the entire time. I downloaded that Xbox360 wrapper application and it tricks the DS4 to act like an Xbox360 wireless controller - except no USB dongle needed! I tried 3 steam games and they all ran perfectly (Mark of the Ninja, Tomb Raider and Dead Space 2). Also worked as a xbox360 controller with Emulators. The controller feels great and is the best and only controller that connects easily with the SP2.

Great news. How much was the controller and do u have a link to the application you used?

be77solo

I have the PS4, and I have the SP2, along with the DS4 controller. When I turn on the controller, it turns on the PS4. There's no way of me turning on the controller without turning on the PS4 is there?

I don't have a PS4 or controller to try, but it sounds like it is automatically linking to the PS4 and blocking other connections. I'd try unplugging the PS4 so it can't power on, and then try syncing the controller with your SP2. Not sure if the PS4 controller has any particular syncing directions but I'm sure they are either included with controller or Google can help.

Keep us posted!

Edit: once the controller is linked to the SP2 it shouldn't automatically turn the PS4 on, but to use that particular controller with the PS4 again I bet you'll have to resync with the PS4 system. This is how I have to do it when swapping controllers between my 360 and PC's.

Last edited:

gman713

I'll look to where I found the link, but the DS4 has been solid with every game on BT using the DS4 software. The only thing I am not sure about is how to disconnect the controller when not in use. The white light stays on all the time until I shut the touch cover. I paid $35 after using the $25 credit for buying my Surface Pro 2. For sure, the DS4 is the best accessory I have purchased for my tablet. It's funny why no other BT devices work native with Windows 8.1. Even Moga and Logitech are selling BT controllers for $100 to support a limited # of games for iOS. The DS4 is the best controller, period! It will probably get better when Sony releases official drivers for the PC.

OP
M

marcux

You need to put the controller into sync mode, I think it's center PS button and share button held at the same time for 10 seconds.. the white light will blink. READ THE MANUAL! it says how to put it into sync mode.. ;p

Last edited: