What's new

Please, anyone's help . In need of Surface Pro Recovery Image.

deuce237bblock

Hello Russ,
I have a Surface Pro running Windows 8.1, I created a USB Recovery Drive back when I purchased it but then I must have lost it because I am having problems and need to restore but I can't find my recovery drive. It would be much appreciated and a life saver if you could provide me with the recovery image for a EN_US Surface Pro 8.1.

Thank You.
deuce237bblock

Raggarkungen

I am in desperate need of a recovery image for Surface Pro 2. Any help with a download link would be highly appreciated.

Edit: Well, I downloaded a standard Windows 8.1 image and installed it. After installation, windows update had 49 updates (about 1GB) including Surface Pro 2 specific updates like firmware.

As far as I can tell everything works just fine and exactly like supposed to. The only tricky part was to retrieve my license key in the bios/uefi for activation because at first I used some key provided on the internet. The tool http://rweverything.com/ (Read Write Everything) did the trick for me.

Last edited:

amir

Hello everyone, I am Amir and I live in Iran I have a Surface Pro 128GB and for some reason it won't start and unfortunately my recovery usb does not work as well, I read earlier on this thread that Russ has the recovery image, I would be very appreciated if he or anyone who has the image shares it with me. My device is American version and my email is
Thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:

Raggarkungen

Hello everyone, I am Amir and I live in Iran I have a Surface Pro 128GB and for some reason it won't start and unfortunately my recovery usb does not work as well, I read earlier on this thread that Russ has the recovery image, I would be very appreciated if he or anyone who has the image shares it with me. My device is American version and my email is
Thanks a lot

Hello Amir,

Unfortunately I do not have a recovery image. I have requested it in other threads but without any luck.

However, I can inform you that a standard Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 installation image will work just as good. After installation windows update will provide you with surface specific drivers and firmware updates.

hurdle430

Dears, Ireally really need the "windows surface pro(win 8.0) recovery image", Can anyone help to sent me the download link or make one for me? , please,!!! (because the product no more selling on the Taiwan market, I can't find another one to make it)

hurdle430

Dears, Ireally really need the "windows surface pro(win 8.0) recovery image", Can anyone help to sent me the download link or make one for me? , please,!!! (because the product no longer selling on the Taiwan market, I can't find another one to make it) <removed email to protect user - JNJROACH>

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
hurdle - I removed your email address prior, please don't post you email on open forums as they will get harvested by Crawlers and you will receive SPAM....

It is for your protection and privacy....

Thanks,

Jimmii

Hi Russ,
I messed up my Surface Pro. It will be so kind of you if I can get a link to that USB recorvery image or disk so I can put it back to the original factory reset.
Greatly appreciate your time and effort.
Best regards,
Jimmii

Cytreen

I had some trouble with my surface pro recently, last semester i had to do a recovery and when it finished it didnt function correctly. I did another reinstall and everything worked fine and i updated to windows 8.1. Well my surface pro is acting up again with it causing programs to hand during class and i cant have this happen. I went to restore it today and it cant find the recovery environment. Could you please send me the link to the image. I desperately need it.

Surface Pro 128GB

leeshor

Welcome to the forum @Cytreen

Posting a link to a download file would violate the user guidelines for this forum.

Just a reminder to everyone posting here.