What's new

please tell me theres an easier way of taking screenshots in metro

macmee

I never had this problem on previous versions of the surface.

The only way I know how to take a screenshot is windows key and volume down. About 5/6 of the time however, as I hold the windows key it just takes me to the metro home screen.

Highly annoying. Please tell me theres a better way to take screenshots, because this way is almost impossible at the moment.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Snipping tool works in Metro? I'm addicted to snipping but I didn't think it worked in metro apps

Is there a way to double click but NOT send the image to one note, without having to reset the default app to 2013 OneNote (I prefer Metro for quick stuff). ?

ctitanic

Snipping tool works in Metro? I'm addicted to snipping but I didn't think it worked in metro apps

Is there a way to double click but NOT send the image to one note, without having to reset the default app to 2013 OneNote (I prefer Metro for quick stuff). ?
The answer to your two questions is... No.

mahdi75

When you have your type cover connected, you can press Fn+WinKey+Space at the same time to save an screenshot into Pictures folder.

Aurelio

About the Button on the pen, get sure your Bluetooth is on!
Another think, you can configure (in OneNote 2013 Desktop) what happen when you press this button 2x.

If goes directly to OneNote or if stay in the clipboard and you later just PASTE!

Liam2349

About the Button on the pen, get sure your Bluetooth is on!
Another think, you can configure (in OneNote 2013 Desktop) what happen when you press this button 2x.

If goes directly to OneNote or if stay in the clipboard and you later just PASTE!

Is there any way to make the metro OneNote just copy the screenshot to the clipboard?