• I don't know what you are talking about- mine is tough as nails

Votes: 38 46.3%
  • I have fine scratches that I do not recall how I got them

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • My unit is chipping also

Votes: 14 17.1%

• Total voters

floatingdoc16

I Pride myself typically as to how I take care of stuff I own but I see scratches and chips forming along several edges of my surface pro. It seems that the surface pro that was on display at best buy did NOT HAVE A SCRATCH ON IT and I know that was not babied like I take care of my stuff. It is chipping around the camera hole and on the left upper back of the case. Please tell me I have a bad unit here. I cant imagine that this would be typical for this machine costing me over 1000 dollars!!! How many of you are having problems. I always set the unit down by flipping it over on the type cover side down and when I lie it down, I put a microfiber underneath it. Maybe I just need to drop it from shoulder height to keep it in good shape, like they did at the press conference. Please give me hope that this is an isolated thing

souldier

I don't think its normal but I must say the magnesium casing is indeed prone to scratches. I guess that's the price you pay for beauty. Though it can scratch, at least it is rock solid and can probably endure some drops. I've learned to get over the scratches though and not be too bothered by them.

magicrobots

The bottom of my RT chipped like that. I take very good care of my stuff, and this just came out of nowhere. This is a big ass chip.

WP_20130214_001.jpg

OP
F

floatingdoc16

The bottom of my RT chipped like that. I take very good care of my stuff, and this just came out of nowhere. This is a big ass chip.

WP_20130214_001.jpg

yes, my chips look exactly like that, once started, additional coating scrapes off with a fingernail. Turns out I am having a replacement unit sent for unrelated reasons. I just ordered a carbon fiber total protection package from stickerboy.net I am not chancing it again

Kiwibru

That looks like the result of a "coating" that is flaking off the base material. I thought this stuff was a solid material? Sure looks like it was coated as in a spray on. That would be kind of a flaky and cheap manufacturing process...and I hope it is not true.

ArnoldC

I claim to be the founder of this club :LOL: I experienced this issue around November and made the "Oh Crap" thread.

Here's how it is now-

WP_20130225_004_zps07e81380.jpg

jeffskent

What, if I may ask, is the dongle thing sticking out of the power port? I've never seen anything like it before, please.

ArnoldC

Oh my, my RT looks to be in better shape compared to that. Sorry to see that on your device.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express