• I don't know what you are talking about- mine is tough as nails

Votes: 38 46.3%
  • I have fine scratches that I do not recall how I got them

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • My unit is chipping also

Votes: 14 17.1%

• Total voters

TeknoBlast

I need to double check my kickstand, but I dont think mine has any wear and tear like that. Are you placing your Surface on a rock-like table?

bosamar

The bottom of my RT kickstand has a small beveled foot at each end, about half an inch long. I don't understand how a corner could get chipped. I'm sorry to see that! My RT still looks like new.

andrew

These photos are depressing! Considering that mine doesn't live in a sleeve, and travels with me at least once a week through taxis, TSA, etc - it should look more battle scarred... but it looks brand new. And really, it shouldn't. I wonder if this is a manufacturing defect that impacted several batches. What a bummer.

RERLTuna

I just bought my Surface maybe a week or two ago and now just realized mine is beginning to scratch, very lightly, around the case, and looked up the problem and found out it is a common problem. I can only see it becoming a bigger issue like the finish chipping away like with others, and I was thinking of possibly putting on a layer of truck bed lining seeing how its invulnerable to almost any kind of scratch or hazard damage. I've seen it done with laptops before. Does anyone know if this would be an ok route to go with the casing?

machistmo

Mine is tossed on the car seat and dumped on my desktop all the time and has no scratches that I can see. I also recently added a decal backing from DecalGirl.com. I would think that your case is aberration and was probably over hardened or something during the fabrication process.

machistmo

I just bought my Surface maybe a week or two ago and now just realized mine is beginning to scratch, very lightly, around the case, and looked up the problem and found out it is a common problem. I can only see it becoming a bigger issue like the finish chipping away like with others, and I was thinking of possibly putting on a layer of truck bed lining seeing how its invulnerable to almost any kind of scratch or hazard damage. I've seen it done with laptops before. Does anyone know if this would be an ok route to go with the casing?

There are several places that sell protective stickers / shells for the Surface. StickerBoy.net DecalGirl.com.

Microsoft Surface Pro Skins | DecalGirl

Stickerboy ? Carbon Fiber Series - Microsoft Surface Pro Skins

Microsoft Surface Pro

I went with DecalGirl and it took about 4 days for the skin to arrive. It came as promised and VERY well shipped to ensure the decal was not damaged in transit. Would order from them again and again.

RERLTuna

Ah, very cool, I'll probably have to get one of these this week sometime. Yeah, mine barely has anything close to a real scratch, just I can see how the marks on it can get worse, it seems very soft the casing or the finishing atleast. For how much money we've spent on them, you'd think they would have made the finishing a little stronger so it doesn't get beaten up so quick.