What's new

Popping Sound - Hardware Or Software?

surfdogg

This popping sound coming from the computer, especially with headphones, is driving me insane. Is this a hardware issue or do you think an update could resolve it?

leeshor

Probably a combination of drivers and firmware, Expected to be fixed with an update, soon. Very unlikely to be hardware.

OP
surfdogg

surfdogg

Okay. I sure hope not. I really like my SP4, seems to have few issues so I don't want to return it.

kuodachrome

i get a pop every time a video on my facebook feed starts playing even though the video is muted. looking forward to it getting fixed.

jbowden

i get a pop every time a video on my facebook feed starts playing even though the video is muted. looking forward to it getting fixed.
I experience more than a pop....when switching songs in iTunes. Its like a 500ms burst of noise. Any one else have that issue?

I haven't experienced this on the Pro 4, but I wonder if it's the same bug that I was experiencing on the Surface 3....with some crackling when watching YouTube videos. It was determined that this was a conflict with the Bluetooth connection between the pen and the computer...and so if you unpaired the pen, the crackling went away. Of course, then you lose the ability to open Onenote or Cortana by clicking the button.

mmoran27

MS says they released an update to address this on 2/17/16. Mine still pops sliding volume slider. Any one have the issue resolved?

wynand32

Mine started occasionally popping when waking up from sleep _after_ the update. Didn't do it before.

PotatoHole

My Pro 4 used to pop, especially using EDGE due to it auto loading video adverts. I just ignored it but today i must admit i have not heard it so some update or other must have fixed it. I will report back here if I hear it again.