What's new

Portable Hard Drive Shuts Down...

malberttoo

For sure, probably most external drives available now will work fine on the SP3 without external power. Just have to keep in mind that there a bunch that don't, and the only way to know that as far as I can tell is word-of-mouth. Someone should create a spreadsheet and post it and keep it updated... :D

OP
J

JimArneson

So... I went out this afternoon a purchased a USB Solid State Drive at Micro Center. My pal Dave talked me into getting a Monster Digital Overdrive 3.0 (256 GB) drive for $199. I came home a little skeptical but actually think it is going to work really well for my situation. It runs fine off the USB port, seems really fast, and I like the built-in cord.

4G3A6502%282%29-X2.jpg

grumpy

So... I went out this afternoon a purchased a USB Solid State Drive at Micro Center. My pal Dave talked me into getting a Monster Digital Overdrive 3.0 (256 GB) drive for $199. I came home a little skeptical but actually think it is going to work really well for my situation. It runs fine off the USB port, seems really fast, and I like the built-in cord.

4G3A6502%282%29-X2.jpg
For that capacity (256GB) I prefer a thumb drive. I use a Corsair Voyager.