What's new

Possible bug-Anniv update SP4 and CPU

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member

Gtfeckner

I´ve checked, and it´s true. My SP4 now is always stuck at 1.5 GHz on battery no matter what I do (it used to go down to 0.9 GHz when used for light stuff).

After some charge / dicharge cycles (I´ve been using my Surface heavily since the update) I have noticed a reduction in battery life. My battery information program also showed a constant and steep slope in battery drainage. Before the update, the graph showed different slopes, meaning different power consumptions, something coherent with the CPU throttling back depending of computing power needs.

I hope MS fixes this soon...

nnthemperor

The AU really messed up by very stable SB. Notifications cause the task bar to freeze and eventually the whole system to crash, being a hard reboot. Was using it in a presentation today and it froze.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmmm....my i7 GHz is moving around as expected...maxing out around 2.21 GHz and keeping mainly around 1.1-1.5 GHz, has gone as low as 800 MHz...

This machine has been flighted on all builds including .10

OP
Compusmurf

Compusmurf

Consider yourself lucky. U have cpuz or task mgr, performance tab. Those of us with the known issue it will stay maxed within a few Mhz either way.