What's new

Post 12 Feb update stability issues?

pwaggs

I have no empirical data to back this up, just a gut feeling that my Surface RT is behaving in a less stable manner. Primarily issues arrive upon recovering from sleep or power saving. The screen reacts to touches eratically, delays seem longer, and in general the device is just less predictable. Having used my RT since day 1, I have never perceived a stability issue until last week. I was actually quite surprised at the consistency in functionality of the 'release issue 1'. I simply perceive less consistency over this past week. I have waited a week to post in hopes that an update would be issued today clearing my inconsistencies up. Obviously there were no updates released today. Does anybody have any insights to my perceptions?

J515OP

Super Moderator
You possibly got a bad update file along the way. You might want to try a reboot and refresh and see if either helps.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I've not experienced any of the symptoms you're seeing. Have you looked to see if your disk space is very low? In December I was down to 2GB of free space and had some issues, I cleared up by removing some apps and cleaning up the system disks.

OP
P

pwaggs

Sorry, I've not experienced any of the symptoms you're seeing. Have you looked to see if your disk space is very low? In December I was down to 2GB of free space and had some issues, I cleared up by removing some apps and cleaning up the system disks.

Ok, I think that I have isolated this down to a low disk space issue. I was in fact down to about 2GB of disk space. I have since deleted a lot of podcasts and have recovered another 4GB of space and after a reboot the problems have gone away. I'll keep experimenting. I really need to buy an expansion card and move my podcast collection to it, but I am still holding out for a better native podcast managing system under the music app. We will see. I'll keep you posted on my previously mentioned stability issues which seem to have disappeared with the freed up space.

R0bR

Only issue I've had since the update is that I now get the limited connectivity issue with wireless. It happened only once back in November at a hotel I was at after purchased my Surface but since the update I get it a couple of times a day.