What's new

Post November Windows Update - much better

mmc

So far, much better experience. My cursor has not went missing at boot or coming out of sleep, audio is not popping, and no display driver stops. I am not using Edge at all, mostly IE with some Chrome. I was almost ready to return this thing before the update and now it looks like I'll hang in there.

robertcan

Just had my first display driver crash on EDGE after performing the update this morning. That and the occasional non-responsive touch screen still remain.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I encountered a situation which definitely helped maybe even eliminated them. ;) After I got several DD crashes in a row I got a new popup message that said the application has been blocked from using graphics. None since then ... :D

Now if we think about this a bit it's kinda revealing that so much work went into gracefully recovering display driver crashes and eventually blocking an application using graphics that causes it to crater. This didn't just happen. o_O

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's not really the issue there's a number of stressors you can use to induce a driver crash it's just crossing the line that invokes the red card.

ScottyS

Agree with OP @mmc. I had switched back to IE but now I am using Edge as November upgrade fixed a lot of problems: Favorites now populate the list in a second instead of 1 minute, scrolling with my mouse wheel is now smooth and instant and Edge hasn't crashed on me (yet).;)

robertcan

By now its become painfully obvious the DD issue wasn't fixed by the fall update. Something we'll have to wait for in a subsequent patch.

Maybe get a replacement if the DD continues to give you problems? I only had a DD once before the Fall Update as well as a BSOD, but nothing since then.

robertcan

Maybe get a replacement if the DD continues to give you problems? I only had a DD once before the Fall Update as well as a BSOD, but nothing since then.

Already returned one that was basically a brick...virtually unusable. It's replacement has been a significant improvement. Not perfect but functional most of the time, except for the occasional DD issue. At this point, I can live with it. Just hoping I don't have to. Thx!

BearFlag

Just a heads up: When I updated to the Windows 10 November Build it somehow deleted the Nov. 2nd firmware update.

I got some display driver errors and reran the windows update and noticed that it started to download and install the Nov. 2nd firmware update.