What's new

Post pictures of your surface Pro

RickROM

Surface Pro 128GB, Wedge Keyboard, Wedge Mouse, Logitech UE Boombox, Seagate Slim 500GB, and Pax Portable Vaporizer for my nicotine fix...

XL5SJO2.jpg

souldier

For those with the brushed aluminum skins, does it also have the cold feel of aluminum? What exactly is the surface of the skin made of?

lkailburn

For those with the brushed aluminum skins, does it also have the cold feel of aluminum? What exactly is the surface of the skin made of?

It actually does.. if its cold out. if its warm out it feels like..warm aluminum ahha. I was amazed how much it does actually feel like a fresh milled peice of aluminum.

Sadly, i just had a giant nickel sized chunk of my back skin come off. I have NO idea how it happened. I use the pro daily but I've never dropped it, dragged it, or even set anything on top of it. It's at the bottom where the kickstand touches the desk but it's not like i dragged the pro across the table and peeled up the sticker, its like a round chunk got ripped out. Also notice that the sticker is actually like a mm or 2 short so even when the kickstand is touching the table, the sticker is not.
I am seriously baffled. I am always so careful with all of my devices. :-(
WP_20130418_002.jpg

Last edited:

tonyz3

crap- that is not good. Where did you get yours from. I have a brushed black aluminum from sticker boy- i have had them on all on my devices for the past few years and never even got a nick in it. They are good with replacements. so if you got it there i would let them know and they will probably ship out a new one no questions asked. But i am sure where ever you got it from will do the same. they are pretty tough like you would really have to do some bad damage to do a mark like your pix.

souldier

That's strange. You can ask sticker boy to send you the bottom piece again. I had a problem with my skin and they sent extra pieces to me no extra charge. I think there is nothing wrong with the skins though. They are made very well. Perhaps someone was playing with your pro without your knowledge. Did you just look one day at your pro and noticed the chunk had come off? Did you find the part that had come off lying around somewhere?

lkailburn

yep it was from SB. souldier that is correct i just looked one day and the chunk was gone. I have not found the peice anywhere. the only one who could have played with it is my fiance...and she hasn't fessed up yet ¬_¬ lol

olimjj

yep it was from SB. souldier that is correct i just looked one day and the chunk was gone. I have not found the peice anywhere. the only one who could have played with it is my fiance...and she hasn't fessed up yet ¬_¬ lol

I would not implicate your fiancé on this. It was most likely caused by that rare but ravenous breed of insect called aluminites. lol