What's new

Post pictures of your surface Pro

plop28

Hi everyone,

I have recently replace my SP1 64GB for a SP2 128GB. It became my work computer and i love it !

Here's my setup :

My SP2 alone

IMG_20140513_114553.jpg

and the SP2 with my screens (2 old acer 20" (i like the 1600x1200 resolution, too bad they do not anymore)

I have a HP dock (HP3005PR), a MS confort mouse and the Wireless Adapter for the Type Cover. Very enjoyable but the battery starts messing around.

IMG_20140513_114739.jpg

The only two things i deplore : My Bluetooth mouse and the Wireless adapter are randomly disconnected for a while and when i detach the surface from my dock, the mouse disappears.

CrippsCorner

Looks great! Good use case for the wireless adapter... they might be disconnecting due to conflict between Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Do you know what GHz frequency your Wi-Fi is on? Unless you're using Ethernet of course, then I don't know.

Regarding the mouse, can you explain more? My cursor disappears from my external monitor when I unplug the HDMI as it knows the Surface screen is the only one you're using...

plop28

Hi kayzee,

The Wifi is set with 2.4Ghz. At work i use the gigabit lan from the dock but i didn't force disabled the wifi adapter.

For the mouse, the cursor is invisible, mouse works but i didn't see the cursor. It appears when i move over a text or hyperlink. A reboot fixes this problem.

scenario : Shutdown SP2, disconnect my surface from the dock, i turn it on at home, and sometimes, the mouse is not visible.

Deckyon

When docked, turn off wifi radio. The 2.4Ghz is what is messing with the blue tooth. If you can force a 5Ghz wifi connection, do that. Otherwise, turn it off.

plop28

Thank's Dekyon. since i disconnect my wifi adapter at work, mouse no more disconnects.

Here's a new pic : The surface 1 and 2 and behind you can see a Toshiba Dynadock USB3 that i have to test

IMG_20140515_172511.jpg

CrippsCorner

As I suspected then, the usual Bluetooth/Wi-Fi conflict! If you can get yourself a 5GHz router and use that, you won't have any problems.

plop28

hey,

none of my different routers provides 5gz Wifi :(, so the best i can do is disconnect the card. I just make two tasks shedule for automatic disconnect the wifi when i am at work and enable it when the SP2 is not wired to the LAN

CrippsCorner

hey,

none of my different routers provides 5gz Wifi :(, so the best i can do is disconnect the card. I just make two tasks shedule for automatic disconnect the wifi when i am at work and enable it when the SP2 is not wired to the LAN

My router didn't provide 5GHz either... what I did was to attach an Apple AirPort Express to mine which creates a 5GHz connection :) works perfectly.

daniielrp

My Surface Pro 2 on my desk at home:

20140619_180917.JPG

Accessories:

- ViewSonic 19" Monitor (very old, but does the job)
- Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse (Surface Edition)
- Microsoft Wedge Keyboard (and stand)
- Microsoft Xbox One Controller (Titanfall edition)

20140619_180741.JPG

20140619_180853.JPG

20140619_181053.JPG

Would benefit from a Dock and possibly some speakers.

DogmaHunter

It's an old picture from when I just got my docking station. I have other "outer" monitors now, but the setup remains the same.
It's pretty impressive to see those things light up after pluggin in only a USB cable and a displayport cable into the surface machine :)

So my pro powers 3 monitors (the middle one being a win8 compatible multi-touch screen able to handle 10 simultanous points)

docked.jpg

Last edited: