What's new

Post Screenshots Here!

f4f

Start screemshot

Here is a stitched screenshot of my SP start screen. I'm a minimalist so I try to keep it as basic as possible. Just a couple of things I want to point out.

• The white line indicates the physical dimensions of the screen on start-up. As you can see it cuts the Onenote tile in half putting it right at the right edge of the screen where it is still able to be touched. This placement is HUGE for me because I use Onenote so often. No matter what app (including desktop) I'm in, I swipe from the right to get the charms menu, touch the windows charm, and then touch the Onenote tile, wallah!! It's absolutely brilliant.

• I love the live tiles. I have several stock quotes that I'm interested in on start up.

• I just discovered pinning IE bookmarks on the start screen and I love the way they look. very nifty.

• I don't like digging around my devices to find something I want to use so you can see how I pretty much use my Surface from looking at my start screen. However, I do use a few apps that aren't on my start screen and I have to say starting an app from the search function is just awesome. That feature might have been around for while but you have to remember, I'm coming from XP.

start screen.jpg

f4f

Thanks. Those six live tiles are from Yahoo finance. They are stock quotes. They show the quotes and when you click on them they show you stories directly pertaining to that corporation,

Deckyon

I figured it out. Hold Windows Button on front and hit Volume Down.

Here is a Screenshot of my Desktop.
Desktop.jpg

Here is my Start page.
Start.png

Last edited:

f4f

I like it, decky. I think each start screen screenshot deserves to be discussed in its own thread. Can you talk about Notes, Contacts, and Reminders. Which Onenote do you prefer/use most often.

kundas1

What was it and why is it deleted? and why is he banned? so many questions, im burning to know!

Oh yeah, wow... what happened there!?

Since curious minds want to know, last when I first joined I saw this stunning wallpaper that be_man39 (which is why I initially joined on here) made but was pulled and I made a request for a wallpaper in PM he told me that they banned him for no good reason accept because he had a tiff with another member on here and a mod over reacted and banned him... that's what he told me and so he pulled all his wallpapers but he was nice enough to send me some via email, which I use this wallpaper exclusively now

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    948.5 KB · Views: 927

Deckyon

I like it, decky. I think each start screen screenshot deserves to be discussed in its own thread. Can you talk about Notes, Contacts, and Reminders. Which Onenote do you prefer/use most often.

Notes, Contacts and Reminders are links to my iCloud account for the apps of those names. As I am coming from the Apple world, all my my info, email, comes from iCloud. I have gotten Mail to work with iCloud, but the rest wont. The Web version of iCloud is fairly flawless, allowing me to not miss a beat while on the SP2.

I like the full OneNote best. I use it on 5 different devices, and there are things I cannot do at work without it. I like the extra features in 2013. It would really come down to personal preference, since OneNote on iOS is more like the Metro version of OneNote on the Surface.

f4f

Yea, I've personalized some of my folders and shortcuts by changing the icon. That's how I know that surface one isn't available. Lol. I really like it, great job. Any chance you'd be willing to share it? Could you post the file here so i can dl it. :big smile:

kundas1

Sure I Will try post it for you, not good at posting stuff on this forum tho...

Attachments

• Surface RT-512.zip
    96.2 KB · Views: 622

CrippsCorner

Since curious minds want to know, last when I first joined I saw this stunning wallpaper that be_man39 (which is why I initially joined on here) made but was pulled and I made a request for a wallpaper in PM he told me that they banned him for no good reason accept because he had a tiff with another member on here and a mod over reacted and banned him... that's what he told me and so he pulled all his wallpapers but he was nice enough to send me some via email, which I use this wallpaper exclusively now

That's a shame, I don't like to see anyone banned, especially when there's no good reason.