• 5-6hr

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • 7-8hrs

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • 6-7hrs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fonzman78

Started today at 830am and have been doing email and web for that last 2 hours. Screen is at 80%. My battery is down to 71%. Will stop and start again later.

OP
T

tallshorty

So far we can conclude that the i7 is getting on average about 5-6hrs of battery life vs 6-7hrs on the i5

If someone can be more accurate and post a screen shot of their battery report while under normal usage conditions (web browsing, word process, etc..).

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
i5 Battery Report:
Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS install
Since OS install 8:35:12

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
running powercfg -batteryreport is still guessing about 5:04...and things are settling down a bit so heat is hanging around 66-75 (processor 1 is 4-5 degrees cooler. ) so I suspect battery life will extend a bit over the next days but I think that 6 for me will be about what to expect. I will live with that since my sp2 was only 4 and my more recent laptops are 2.5-3. But recall I am no gamer nor do I know which end of the camera to use, so both my battery and CPU heat risks are lower than some of you.
it would help to understand what apps you run for how long or what hungry workloads you might be running.

OP
T

tallshorty

i5 Battery Report:
Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS install
Since OS install 8:35:12

That's amazing! I wish I can get that kind of battery life on my i5. Is this what you are observing in real world usage? Can you post a screen shot of the battery report where it shows duration of use and battery % drain

So far we can conclude that the i7 is getting on average about 5-6hrs of battery life vs 6-7hrs on the i5

If someone can be more accurate and post a screen shot of their battery report while under normal usage conditions (web browsing, word process, etc..).

"So far we can conclude that the i7 is getting on average about 5-6hrs of battery life vs 6-7hrs on the i5".

What are you basing that on?? The poll with 11 votes?

fonzman78

Started today at 830am and have been doing email and web for that last 2 hours. Screen is at 80%. My battery is down to 71%. Will stop and start again later.
Following up on my non stress testing, I ended up doing 6 hours of work and my battery is at 17%. This was mostly email, PowerPoint, and web. No heavy lifting. So I figure I could squeeze another hour or so.

All I care about is whether or not I get close to the same as with the i5. The price difference was only about $200 so not the end of the world to have an i7 vs i5.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's amazing! I wish I can get that kind of battery life on my i5. Is this what you are observing in real world usage? Can you post a screen shot of the battery report where it shows duration of use and battery % drain
Battery Report snip.PNG

active total 8:21:25
standby total 0:40:41
total time 9:02:06
battery drain 87%
battery remaining 13%
mwh used 37263
mwh left 5102