What's new

Post Your SP3 Power/Battery/Charging Issues Here

mikeakanice

I wouldn't say power issues as much as I would say battery issues. I'm not sure how the reviews and Microsoft are claiming people are getting 9 hours of web browsing. All I've been doing is light web browsing and one note and I can only manage 4 to 4 1/2 hours of battery life. That's with all the updates and brightness only set to 35%. Hopefully this is a bug and something Microsoft will fix very very soon.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I've been using it since 6 AM and have managed 8.25 hours and still have 20% left. I'm using Modern UI IE, Bing News, Tweetium and a few other Modern UI Apps.

kristalsoldier

Yeah...can't complain about battery life either. I spent the whole day (literally 9-5 on the device) updating stuff, installing apps, fiddling around, reading on sites, posting on sites, using OneDrive and Office (mainly Word), reading and replying to email. I still have 48% left.

EMINENT

Yeah...can't complain about battery life either. I spent the whole day (literally 9-5 on the device) updating stuff, installing apps, fiddling around, reading on sites, posting on sites, using OneDrive and Office (mainly Word), reading and replying to email. I still have 48% left.

That's fantastic!

What brightness? Did you modify any settings like having shuffled wallpapers active while on battery?

I have to have this on. It's one of my favorite features.

kristalsoldier

That's fantastic!

What brightness? Did you modify any settings like having shuffled wallpapers active while on battery?

I have to have this on. It's one of my favorite features.

Brightness at around 40%. No shuffling wallpapers. No other settings modified. It's just been over 24 hours since I took the SP3 out of the box so no messing around yet...just putting the device through its paces at the moment.

mikeakanice

Brightness at around 40%. No shuffling wallpapers. No other settings modified. It's just been over 24 hours since I took the SP3 out of the box so no messing around yet...just putting the device through its paces at the moment.

How do you know the exact time you are getting on your battery? are you estimating or is there some type of app?

kristalsoldier

How do you know the exact time you are getting on your battery? are you estimating or is there some type of app?

No app. just observation. I started with 100% exactly AT 9am today. It is now 8:51pm at my location and the battery icon report 19% at which time I plugged the SP3 into the mains. This means I got 11:51 minutes of battery time. I would knock off 2 hours because my observations are just that - so that would account for the error margin, which still leaves me at 9 hours of runtime, which is very close to what MS predicts for this device.

Edit: I would also second what ctitanic recommends - run that command and see what the report throws up.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Same question to you too are you using an app or guessing or what?

No my son woke me up at 5:45 AM today, by the time I had my morning routine and coffee when I sat down it was 6 AM, I started reviewing what happened over night on my SP3 (which was at 100%), at 2:15 PM I posted the above which was 8.25 Hours on battery, I finally plugged in at 10% which was at 3:45 PM so I ended up with 9.75 Hours with 10% left under normal use...