What's new

Post Your SP3 WiFi/Internet Issues Here

JimB

Only thing different on the wifi after this past update is they turned off the word 'limited' on the wifi connection. Still hosed and won't connect after hibernate but now we don't see the word limited. Thanks MS.

Len J

The firmware update improved my Wifi dramatically both in terms of strength of signal and auto selecting 5g router.

snowcherries

oooh not happy.
ive had no wireless issues in the few weeks I've had the SP3.
today I had a firmware update dated the 18th [even though I had download a firmware update dated the 18th some days ago] and ever since I've had nothing but trouble with my internet connection!

it is constantly limited, pages are slow as anything to load, or just simply say they aren't there [connection has gone limited again].
pulling my hair out.
can a firmware be rolled back? I couldn't find it in the uninstall updates section.
I did try uninstalling the wireless and rebooting but it didn't help

:(

snowcherries

oooh not happy.
ive had no wireless issues in the few weeks I've had the SP3.
it is constantly limited, pages are slow as anything to load, or just simply say they aren't there [connection has gone limited again].
pulling my hair out.

well some good news *touch wood*
i tried a mix of things including a roll back to previous restore point and downloaded the large optional update.
not sure which did the trick but next day my wifi was back to normal and has been tonight as well.

Limit

Is this WiFi an issue with all surface pro 3 devices or does the surface pro 3 have different model revisions and only some models have the problem?

Last edited:

JimB

Is this WiFi an issue with all surface pro 3 devices or does the surface pro 3 have different model revisions and only some models have the problem?

With my i5 it works perfectly fine turning on connected standby in the registry. But since I use Oracle VirtualBox VM it will not start any OS when using connected standby. I found no workaround. So I'm stuck turning that off and using hibernate all the time which never has worked even with all the patches they've introduced.

DaveZangger

I have the SP 3 i5/128GB and I have the same wi-fi issues. Waking up the SP 3, I have no Wi-Fi. Choosing another network seems to fix the issue but I shouldn't have to do this. This is a brand new device I received yesterday; it's fully patched.

InspectHerGadget

I'd like to say I've used mine on over 100 different WiFi networks during my visits for computer servicing and I haven't ever had an issue.

On my home network I am getting 91Mbs down and 2.2 up from my Telstra cable which is excellent.

VickiFL

I'm starting to have issues with wifi now, just randomly dropping for no reason. I think I have all my firmware updates. Anything else I can do?

JimB

Yes you can take it to a Microsoft store and they will do a test on it. You should back it up first since they might have to reinstall the OS to rule out any 3rd party software installed on your surface.

Govinamo

Facing serious bandwidth limitations. I'm getting only 3.4Mbps downstream out of my possible 50Mbps. Upstream does not suffer too much. I've checked all the possible solutions recommended by Microsoft and forums. Tired Hyper-V. Tried editing the performance of the network card through power management. Tired 5 different drivers including the latest one. No luck!

I'm using a 2.4 Ghz Cisco Linksys router. Does anyone have a solution yet?