What's new

Post Your SP3 WiFi/Internet Issues Here

uktivo

Just to add to this thread. I too have a new sp3 today. Applied all updates, I'm now getting the dropped wifi connection once the tablet has been put onto sleep. (close the keyboard for example). Have to reboot to get the connection back. In connecting to a netgear blackhawk r7000 using two different ssid, one for 2.4ghz and one for 5ghz. I'm getting the disconnection when using the 5ghz.
I'm also getting the slow wifi internet speed issue. I have 152mbps down and 13mbps up using speed net on my macbook. Using the sp3, I'm getting about 13mbps down and 11mbps up..

Come on MS fix these issues.

mobile-freak

Hello everybody,

i am from germany and got my SP3 i7 today . After using a few houres i got the message that i have to restart if not it will do it in 5 minutes. After this time my SP3 rebooted and than i have no Connection to wifi. This means that i am not able to connect it to any wifi router .
On the right site next to the clock i have this little computer with a red circle an white cross in this circle.

Is their any kind of solution?

tuchas

So here is my issue now. Every time I put this thing to sleep, when it goes into like a "deep sleep" mode (not hibernate), I wake it up and the WiFi AND Bluetooth connections are GONE. It doesn't even show a list of WiFi base stations and Bluetooth appears to be disabled. Only remedy is to restart the SP3. UNACCEPTABLE considering I use this thing for work now.

Any suggestions? Do I have to uninstall AND reinstall the Marvell drivers? This is becoming OLD to the point that my next option is to sell this on eBay and move on.

EddySnoozah

I've had my Pro 3 a few weeks now and this was not an issue for me initially. But I have noticed in the last couple of weeks that every time it sleeps for maybe an hour or more, when it wakes up the WiFi has gone completely and I have to do a restart. This is becoming pretty irritating considering the amount that I paid for this device.

GTiceman

I am also having the reboot needed issue on my i5. My i7 does not yet seem to have the problem but I think I am using the 2.4 network and not the 5. I will switch

milvo

Experiencing the same issue, wifi dropping out after sleep. Its the first time Ive experienced it.
Got my i5 256gb on Saturday :S

btrcp2000

I even went out and got a ubiquiti unfi long range access point to try to get this to work reliably, but i have determined that I must have clear line of sight to maintain a good connection. Works fine for surfing, streaming video, and citrix remote desktop connections for work if im in the same room. Add one wall and it falls apart.

Fast-T

So here is my issue now. Every time I put this thing to sleep, when it goes into like a "deep sleep" mode (not hibernate), I wake it up and the WiFi AND Bluetooth connections are GONE. It doesn't even show a list of WiFi base stations and Bluetooth appears to be disabled. Only remedy is to restart the SP3. UNACCEPTABLE considering I use this thing for work now.

Any suggestions? Do I have to uninstall AND reinstall the Marvell drivers? This is becoming OLD to the point that my next option is to sell this on eBay and move on.

Go to device manager and click on search for devices. It will find and install the Wi-Fi and BT driver. No restarts required

btrcp2000

Spent some time chatting with tech support. Update coming this Tuesday supposed to address WiFi issues. Truly hope so, but I have my concerns

tuchas

Go to device manager and click on search for devices. It will find and install the Wi-Fi and BT driver. No restarts required

Yeah, I've been through that before. Thing is that I should NOT HAVE TO. Perhaps the Tuesday update will solve this once and for all.