What's new

Post Your SP3 WiFi/Internet Issues Here

tuchas

I seem to have been having good luck with the latest update. I haven't had to reboot or go into device manager after waking from sleep or hibernation, so it sounds like things are working better. But tomorrow could be another story.

Samstables

Hadn't really noticed any WiFi issues until today when it just kept saying limited connection (after turning WiFi on an off, forgetting connection, restarting router, restarting SP3). Finally decided to uninstall the Marvel Adapter and hey presto, working ok again!

Ciao, ho avuto delle Nazioni Unite 'Problema con il mio pro Superficie 3 DOPO Aver installato Gli Aggiornamenti il Sistema viene riavviato e QUANDO comincia non sarebbe connettersi al wifi.
Ho Controllato Nella Gestione e mancavano i wifi autista conducente e ALTRI. Vieni Ê possibile?

dportal2006

Have any of you guys found a solution to the Wifi problem? My internet speed on my Surface Pro 3 is so much slower than any other device. I have a 50 mbps connection and i am getting between 5-10 download speeds on my SP3. I have the router set at 2.4 ghz frequency. This problem sucks man. Love the computer, but these Wifi problems are just getting ridiculous. Last Microsoft computer i purchase.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Have any of you guys found a solution to the Wifi problem? My internet speed on my Surface Pro 3 is so much slower than any other device. I have a 50 mbps connection and i am getting between 5-10 download speeds on my SP3. I have the router set at 2.4 ghz frequency. This problem sucks man. Love the computer, but these Wifi problems are just getting ridiculous. Last Microsoft computer i purchase.
Does your router support 5FHz? If not turning off Bluetooth may help....

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
No I don't believe it does support 5.0. I have Bluetooth off. Never really use it.
Is your Router running mixed or "N" only, we've seen better throughput with the Marvell Chipset attached to older routers running on mixed....

What router are you running?

dportal2006

Is your Router running mixed or "N" only, we've seen better throughput with the Marvell Chipset attached to older routers running on mixed....

What router are you running?
I just confirmed that it is in fact a dual band router and it is in fact mixed. I'm going to change it tomorrow to the other band and post the results.

cemian

Only thing that irks me about this marvel wifi chipset is that I cannot cannot to my cell phone's wifi when i have it set up as a wireless hotspot...i have to connect a usb wifi adapter in order to connect to it....i guess this new chipset is not too backwards friendly

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Only thing that irks me about this marvel wifi chipset is that I cannot cannot to my cell phone's wifi when i have it set up as a wireless hotspot...i have to connect a usb wifi adapter in order to connect to it....i guess this new chipset is not too backwards friendly
Weird, I connect my SP3 to my Lumina 1520 all the time.... what smartphone do you have?

cemian

i have a galaxy mega..not too sure why it doesn't connect...there are no settings to adjust to try to make it more compatible ... but it is definitely the hardware as a usb wifi adapter connects fine...