What's new

Solved power brick charging issue

rednut

Hi,

I've searched the main sp4 page for this issue but cannot find any resolution. the closest i could find is some people experiencing flashing powerbrick/charger.

My issue is when i plug the powerbrick into the surface, the light flashes only once and then stays off. I can only replicate this by unplugging it from the wall. Unplugging it from the surface and reattaching doesnt replicate the single light flash.
I've tried wiping the surfaces with a cloth, trying a different power socket in the house(completely different room to which it works for other appliances), ive tried plugging in the power both ways (cord facing down, cord facing up etc).

is there anything else i can try before hoping the purchase of a new charger would resolve the issue?

OP
R

rednut

issue in action.

Attachments

• surfacepro issue.gif
    surfacepro issue.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 301

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Really does look like a new charger would fix this problem.

Do you know anyone with a Surface device? They may let you see if the light stays on with their machine. You would have your answer in 5 seconds.

OP
R

rednut

unfortunately im the only one i know with one. I'll take it back to where i purchased it and see if they'll test it. thanks for the response.

OP
R

rednut

new charger finally arrived. looks like my old charger has bricked as the new charger is working, as is my surface! thanks