What's new

Power Cover Functionality?

ZachBui

Hi Guys, long time no talk,

I recently got a power cover for my surface pro. I don't know if this is intended behavior, but my volume keys and front windows logo no longer works. When I deattach the power cover they are back to working. Any ideas?

I have the SPro and the power cover. I do not have the problem you got. Doesn't matter whether I take it off, put it on, the Windows and the volume buttons still function normal.
I am sure you got this covered, but write this anyway. Make sure you have the latest updates installed (e.g. Surface firmware updates).

There are some other issues though with the power cover not charging as advertised. E.g. often the SPro looses the power cover and it doesn't get charged (even through the SPro is set not to sleep etc). A number of other folks on the MS Surface forum with same and similar problem.

Last edited:
OP
ZachBui

ZachBui

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I get problems with the cover attached. All functionality stops working, digipen, volume buttons, windows front button. I ran the updates as well

OP
ZachBui

ZachBui

Ughh, got it working. First I found it strange seeing that it works fine on my type cover, and the power cover, everything didn't work.
I installed the power cover firmware update and still no go. Only until I looked at Device Manager, and saw a ? device, it simply said
MICROSOFT. I right-clicked it and update driver online, and sure enough it installed a driver called "Wacom Device". Everything is working
fine now. =)