What's new

Power Cover

Danja91

Does anyone know if the upcoming Power Cover will work on the original Surface Pro in addition to the Surface Pro 2? I couldn't find the information online. Thanks for any help!

Garfield

Does anyone know if the upcoming Power Cover will work on the original Surface Pro in addition to the Surface Pro 2? I couldn't find the information online. Thanks for any help!

At least in the German Microsoft Store the Power Cover is offered as compatible device for Surface 2, Surface Pro & Surface Pro 2: Power Cover - Microsoft Store Germany Online Store

So I would expect the same compatibitly for other localized Versions too.

PastorShaw

Yes it does work. When I wanted to get a screen capture for you on my original SP + Power Cover, look at what it says. "648 hr and 20 min" = 27 days!?

Of course, your miles may vary. haha These estimates are not as reliable as real world use, just in case anyone was about to ask, but all day computing is very possible now.

Screenshot (8).png

Johntxk

I have it and it does. It adds more battery time to the machine, I've been getting more than 2 hours extra and I'm a heavy video user.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I've been using the Power Cover for a couple of weeks, now. I had to learn not to panic when I see the battery notification icon going below halfway. Even though it is half full, by floating the mouse over it, I can see that I actually have hours remaining. The icon shows the sum of battery life of both the on-board and Power Cover supplies.

I am very happy with the Power Cover.

total_battery_life.jpg

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It's available at least in North America, I was doing a presentation in the Bellevue, WA Store Wednesday and they had them in stock.