What's new

Power & Sleep

Bennyhill43

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but my SB seems to turn itself on without my input. I can turn it completely off , shutting it down by the normal Windows method. Only to find it running when I remove it from its case. I'm using a Solo 13 inch case that fits perfectly even with the pen attached. On several occasions I open the case and find one very hot SB that's powered itself back on. My first thought was maybe something is hitting the power button but the problem has occurred a couple of times with the SB sitting on the desk and not in the case. I don't worry to much about that scenario as I do when the unit is in the case and not able to breath.

Any help would be appreciated.

bmclaurin

I was having the same issue, or so I thought. But after about a week of trying to figure it out, I finally realized that the elastic retaining strap of my sleeve was resting on the power button at the top of the screen. So when I placed it in my briefcase and carried it around, there was enough pressure on the button to turn it on. So now I just flip it the other way around before placing it in the sleeve. Hasn't happened since. Hopefully yours is something that simple as well.

Wayne Orwig

I had a problem a couple of times. I am worried about wear and damage from the top edge of the Clipboard against the base when closed. So I placed a thin micro-fiber cloth on top of the keyboard, closed the Clipboard against the cloth, and slipped it in my case. But the Book was getting powered on somehow. It turns out that the cloth was pressing the button to detach the clipboard.
On to plan B........

colvill

I've had this problem a couple of times in my incase sleeve. I've changed to a Thule sleeve which is not as tight and I'm careful not to put pressure on the switch. I think a recessed switch would have been better.

OP
B

Bennyhill43

After further testing all of the replies are correct. The Solo case is a nice fit but depending on how the SB is inserted it does rub the power button and I believe that's what is turning the PC on. I'll go out and get a Thule on Black Friday and give it a try.

flar

There's a solo model case from Waterfield and a solo brand that makes a lot of different 13" cases. Which Solo 13 inch case were you using?

bamaster

My SB is either on a desk/lap or in my backpack. I don't have a need for a sleeve. If it's going on the road, it's going in my backpack. :)

Wayne Orwig

My SB is either on a desk/lap or in my backpack. I don't have a need for a sleeve. If it's going on the road, it's going in my backpack. :)

Do you just toss it in the backpack and let it thrash around with other things that might be on there?