What's new

Power Supply

Simsy

I am not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes anyway. I live in Australia we have 240v power my surface came with the appropriate power adapter but the writing on the adapter is so small I cant read it so I don't know if my adapter is multi voltage compliant or not. This is an issue for me as I only bought the Surface in the first place for travel and I am traveling to the US in a few mths for 1 mth. So is the power supply capable of running at 110v I think it is in the US or do I need a US power supply, if it is can I purchase the appropriate plug attachment as mine is removable.

Paul

Sin

Should be multi voltage, as this is typical for computer power supplies. My (US) power supply is good for an input of 100-240V, so all you need is a plug adaptor and power supply will handle the voltage variation. I like how the non-US power supplies have the swappable plug attachment. Not sure why the US version is fixed, but I will just use the standard plug adaptors that I have when I next travel overseas.

OP
S

Simsy

Sweet thanks guys I pulled the adapter off of the power supply and have found a standard figure 8 plug so I can just plug in a standard US cord I even have a couple cords lying around so problem solved

ArnoldC

Yes, that's what I did too. IEC C7 coupler.

IEC60320_C7.jpg